Projects.....Photos of Us ..... About Us ..... In More Detail  

 

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bandung Zoo

J was sweet enough to go get our home set back up in Aceh while little E & I stayed in our former homestay with our good friends Arief & Poppy in Bandung.  We had a chance to go to the zoo w/ Arief's sister Lia.  Tried Elijah "facing out" for the 1st time in his carrier, the zoo seemed as good excuse as any to try it. :)

I'm a huge fan of monkeys - this one just seemed to enjoy his contemplative stance.
Couldn't decide if folks liked looking at the caged animals more or Elijah!

Discovered the meaning of a new word for me "Galak" - it means something like "evil doer" - so the sign's saying "be careful, he's hateful" - found out what "Galak" meant by reaching out to touch his hand & he responded by trying to jerk me into his cage - so much for my cute ideas about monkeys.

I'm not a huge bird fan but when I see a big weird one like I've never seen before it's pretty interesting - this guy's from Papua, all the way on the other side of Indo. Below is a quick clip of a field trip Indo style & the bear they all were looking at.





No comments: