Projects.....Photos of Us ..... About Us ..... In More Detail  

 

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Valentine's!

Well, we're in Medan again which is why we can post so easily...but before we talk about that, I (Elissa) have to brag on J's awesome efforts for Valentine's this year.
I should start off by saying J is most definitely not a morning person but I totally am & love breakfast at that. J got up special for me & made an amazing breakfast for us :)
Check out this spread....freshly cut pears, eggs & french toast & bajigur (fav Indo drink of ours)
J cut out little hearts from my french toast & put an egg in the middle - my 2 favorite bfast foods, I could hardly believe it.

For lunch I'd made sugar cookies w/ a message for him...& finally got to use our red food coloring, in water of course ;)

Dinner was green curry, J's fav & he surprised me with an ice cream cake he'd made...
Check this thing out...oreo mixed w/ chocolate sweetened condensed milk layer, vanilla ice cream, repeat again & a melted chocolate bar & peanut butter for the topping. I crave the sweet things in life & often can't find 'em in Indo so J made this for me, what a guy.

Final surprise was that while J made the cake he stuck (plastic covered) notes throughout it w/ sweet words for me, what an amazing Valentine's, thank you J!

1 comment:

~ Amanda ~ said...

wow, what an awesome day. i'm so glad you could make it so special for each other. the french toast with hearts cut out and eggs inside is just too cute! go J!